Elk Lifting Cushion
The Mangar ELK is a lifting cushion designed to lift a person from the floor with the help of only one person. It is compact and lightweight, weighing only 3.6 kgs (8 lbs) and will lift up to 450kg (992 lbs). Its unique design and portability means it can be used inside or outside and is particularly effective in small confined spaces such as the bedroom or bathroom where alternative lifting devices may not be suitable. The ELK is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.
If someone falls over they can shuffle on to the cushion, or be rolled on from the recovery position and assisted to sit upright. The ELK can then be inflated at the touch of a button with someone supporting the individual from behind to bring them to a raise seated position ready to stand. Once the lift is complete, the ELK can be deflated, folded up and stored away tidily. If you would like to receive a copy of the full ELK presentation DVD simply fill in our contact form.
- Designed to be used with the help of a care aid, the ELK emergency lifting cushion can be used in the tightest of spaces.
- Lifts up to 450 kg (992 lbs)
- Portable – weighs just 3.6 kg (8 lbs) and folds up for easy carrying
- Applicable for any age
- Simple to use
- Minimises moving and handling risk – protects carers’ backs
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Airflo controlled